Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about Wild Mesa.
Do I need to bring or rent a bike?
Nope! We provide a bike, helmet, and gloves for every participant.
How will we get to the trailhead?
We will pick you up and drop you off after your trip. If you prefer to drive yourself, we will provide directions to the trailhead ahead of time or you can follow us out from a predetermined location. Occasionally, there may be special circumstances that require you to meet us at the trailhead if our route passes through Zion Nat’l Park, as we are not permitted to transport clients through the park. We will communicate with you ahead of time should this be necessary.
What should I wear?
- Activewear that is durable and comfortable to move around in. We recommend long sleeves and pants, but shorts and short sleeves can be worn.
- Closed toe shoes – something durable like hiking shoes/boots or athletic shoes that provide stability and traction. Hikers or even Vans work great, and don’t forget to wear socks!
- Wear something you don’t mind getting a little dirty – mountain biking can get a bit dusty and we love it!
- Sunscreen – even if it’s cloudy.
What should I bring?
- Extra layer. Be prepared for changes in weather and elevation by bringing an extra layer. You may also want an extra layer to put on if we stop to eat lunch or take a long break.
- Water – bring at least 2 quarts (64oz) of water per person for half day trips (4 hours), and at least 3 quarts for full days (6-8 hours).
- Electrolytes – we highly recommend bringing an electrolyte replacement in addition to your water, especially in the summer months.
- Snacks (salty snacks like pretzels, jerky, or salted nuts are great for helping keep your electrolytes balanced when you are riding. We also like applesauce packets and granola bars on trail). Our favorite is SaltStick Electrolyte Fastchews
- Small backpack for water, snacks, phone/camera, and any personal items
Is mountain biking a good activity for kids?
Mountain biking is a fantastic activity for kids. We always have a blast biking with kids and families – we have kids bikes and can pick a trail that is kid-friendly.
Do we have to wear a helmet?
Yes. We will not let you ride without a mountain bike helmet, which we provide.
Do your bikes have clip-in pedals?
No, all of our pedals are flat pedals.
What kind of medical training does my guide have?
All of our guides are Wilderness First Responders certified through Wilderness Medicine of Utah.
What is your cancellation policy?
We cannot refund any cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled trip date unless there is inclement weather or an emergency. Trips canceled more than 48 hours in advance will be refunded 50% of total booking fees.
What are your COVID-19 guidelines?
We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously, and we are committed to providing a safe experience during COVID-19. All Wild Mesa guides have been fully vaccinated and will wear a mask upon request. We are following the CDC’s most recent guidelines for COVID-19 in Washington County. You can review the community-specific guidelines here CDC COVID-19 Guidelines by County
We will continue to adapt our guidelines as needed in response to COVID-19 changes and developments. If you have any concerns, or would like to request special accommodations for your trip, please contact us.
Still need help? Send us a note!
For any other questions, please write us at email@example.com or call us on (435) 334-3734